Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken

Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 can pineapple chunks,  drain half the juice out
Crushed red pepper flakes
Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray and add chicken breasts.  Pour soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple chunks (with half of the juice) over the chicken.  Sprinkle as many red pepper flakes on top as desired.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks in the crock pot and serve over rice. 



I must say, this recipe is quite tasty. My husband, who is not a fan of "fruit in food" really enjoyed this meal (after I picked out the pineapple chunks and put them into my bowl;)
I used KC's Masterpiece Teriyaki marinade to sub for the teriyaki and soysauce. Mr. F's favorite part was the spiciness of the crushed red pepper.
No kidding, I love coming home to a cooked meal that I made! The most rewarding thing about preparing food ahead of time for the crockpot is the smell wafting through the house that greets me when I enter. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Good cooks are born the are created by the tastebuds!

    ReplyDelete