Thursday, December 1, 2011

Freestyle Crockpot Lasagna

Not gonna lie, this recipe was largely an experiment. First, I've never actually made lasagna before (not even with my mom!), and second, I didn't actually follow a recipe per say... But I will say that mylasagnarecipe.com was my inspiration. I'm actually going to post what I put in the ol' crockpot since there is no recipe quite like mine *evil laugh*


Drumroll....

In a large pot combine these ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 3 tsp onion flakes
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
Sear these together until beef is well cooked, about 9 minutes
Add the following into the same pot, stirring as you go.
  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of crushed tomatos
  • 1 small can of mushrooms
  • 1/3 can of whole olives (I did this to compromise with my non-olive-loving spouse :)
  • 2 tsp basil
  • 1 heaping tsp of Italian seasoning
  • About 2 tsp salt (more or less depending on your taste)
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
Let this simmer and work on the next bit.

In a medium size bowl stir together with a spoon
  • 20 oz. Cottage Cheese
  • A dash of nutmeg
  • 1 egg
Now you are ready to layer your lasagna in the crockpot.
  1. First the layer of meat sauce
  2. Second the Cottage Cheese 
  3. Third the unprepared lasagna noodles
  4. Repeat until gone
  5. Top off with Mozzarella Cheese ( I used dairy free veggie cheese) ((don't be alarmed, even my cheese loving husband likes this stuff))
  6. Turn on low
  7. Come back in 5 hrs
  8. Enjoy delicious homemade lasagna!!

No comments:

Post a Comment