Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crock Pot Pork Roast

Today was Sunday, thus the day of "Roast." I love making roasts because it seems to make my husband a very happy man... and also because it is truly the easiest thing to make IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!! (bee tee dub, you should know that I NEVER EVER exaggerate) On this particular Sunday, we had made plans to combine efforts for lunch with a few of my dear friends. I would provide said roast and asparagus and they would provide the other items needed for a delicious and satisfying southern style Sunday Dinner. So, what did I do? I fell back on the trusted and amazing 3 ingredient pot roast recipe that worked deliciously before. (Link found here) I experimented with various ingredients I had in the house... YIKES!! yup, I was cooking for 4 and I did something daring like that.. But guess what.. They LOVED it :) yay! It turned out awesome and the gravy I made from the juices only required a pinch of salt and corn starch to thicken it.




So here is what I did..

  1. Pan sear all sides of my 4lb roast with olive oil and onion
  2. Place in Crock Pot
  3. Dump in packet of Au Jus mix  ( I used the Knorr brand)
  4. Squeeze half a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing in
  5. Squeeze half a bottle of Peppercorn Ranch dressing in
  6. Scoop 2 tsp of beef bouillon in
  7. Use a spoon to spread it evenly on the roast
  8. Cook on low for 10 hrs
easy peasy cheesy

We enjoyed this roast with 
  • Green salad
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Aparagus
  • Bread rolls
  • Brownies for dessert
The best part is that with the leftovers I'm making BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. That's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment